About Lanthaps Ltd
Lanthaps Ltd is a technology company based in Auckland, New Zealand. We consult on software and IT systems projects, and can provide a wide range of services, including:
- project management
- software development (in a range of industry standard languages).
- web design
In addition to providing development services in all the common industry standard technologies, we can have specific expertise in the following niche technologies:
- Functional programming projects in Haskell and Scala.
- Concurrent and telephony projects with Erlang/OTP.
- Asterisk and ejabberd communications technologies.
- Advanced Linux and POSIX-based software development and server administration and security projects.
At Lanthaps we can integrate our work into your existing project management practices, or provide our own industry leading project management.
We are able to implement agile project management methodologies; for example, using a time-boxed methodology, we can produce regular prototypes of a project under development. Often, as the project develops, additional business and user requirements and quality criteria become evident, and an agile process allows for these requirements to be added to the plan before technical decisions that might make them harder to implement are taken.
Because we believe that clients should be able to change requirements of a project without having to waste time renegotiating the contract, Lanthaps works exclusively on a time and materials billing basis. We stay in contact with the client, and provide regular updates on the cost and schedule estimates as requirements evolve and more information becomes available. We also believe that clients should be able to cancel a project if the business case no longer makes sense, so our time and materials contracts allow projects to be cancelled at short notice without incurring costs beyond the work actually done and materials actually used.
Lanthaps is led by Dr Andrew Miller. Dr Miller:
- Is a PRINCE2 Practitioner certified project manager.
- Has extensive experience in developing, and managing the development of complex software projects to solve difficult technical problems.